Many of you may already know Michelle Lloyd. She is our Customer Care Specialist working with new customers to make sure that they are getting everything necessary to put SigmaNEST to work in the best and quickest way possible. We were able to catch up with Michelle for a quick four questions…
1. Hi Michelle. Thanks for taking a few minutes to sit down with us. Can you tell us a little about your job at SigmaTEK?
Michelle: Yes, thank you for allowing me to take part in this issue of SigmaNEWS! I'm the Customer Care Specialist -- which is pretty much as it sounds. I am basically the first point of contact for our new customers getting them started with installation questions and training. My job is to get everyone off on the right foot.
2. What are some of the most common questions you receive regarding software installation?
Michelle: Path settings are common questions for those new to SigmaNEST. During installation I help customers create a path from the software to information stored on their network. Another area where I get questions is with "posts." A post is a customized program that allows SigmaNEST to speak the language of a particular machine tool. Each time SigmaNEST is to be used with a new machine, even if it is the exact same type, size, model, etc., it requires a new post. I'd say that these are the most common questions I receive.
3. You mentioned training. Are many new customers taking advantage of training?
Michelle: Yes we hold hands-on training classes almost weekly at our facilities in both Cincinnati and Seattle and we have good attendance. We like to keep class sizes small in order to provide as much personal instruction as possible. In addition, we also provide on-site training. It's important to note that not only do we train new customers, but experienced SigmaNEST programmers often take advantage of refresher courses or advanced-level training. I'm proud to say that the overwhelming majority of attendees rate our classes and instructors very highly. I'd also like to take this opportunity to let people know that all of the training information needed can be found on our website at http://www.sigmanest.com/en-us/Support/training_schedules.aspx
4. When should a customer contact you as opposed to technical support?
Michelle: In order to ensure the best and most prompt response, it's always best that issues beyond installation or training be directed to technical support. I am always available to assist in areas where I can. If you are a new customer with installation or training class questions, then I am the right person to call.
"Pack and Send" is the fastest and most effective way to submit information to SigmaNEST support. This feature allows you to send packaged files directly to us, which enables our technical support team to quickly recreate and resolve any issues that you may be experiencing.
- Select the Pack & Send option under the Tools Help menu and create a new configuration package.
- Next select all files to be included. Note: it is important that Work Space, INI Files, Post Files, and Database Files be included.
- After selecting all of the files you wish to include click on the Create New Package button. This will condense the files into a single zip file and return you to the main page where the new file will appear on a list.
- Click to select the desired package from the list and then click Email Configuration Package An email will open with the address. Simply type in a short description of the problem with your name and contact information.
- You also have the ability to save a configuration package to a folder or on the desktop for future use.